Last updated: 28 August 2023
“CloudSpec” is a registered trademark of Marama Labs Limited, New Zealand company number 7246896 (referred to as the Company, we, us and our).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect your Personal Information for lawful purposes connected to your use of (or interaction with) a Website or Services or where you have agreed we can do so.
- Communications: If you contact us directly, or participate in communications with us (including via a Website or Services), we may receive Personal Information about you. For example, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message that you send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
- Registration Information: If you register for an account on the Services, we collect your contact details (such as your name, email address and phone number), password and billing information.
- Contact Information: You may be asked to provide your contact details if you wish to subscribe to marketing communications from us.
- Information we collect automatically: Through your use of a Website or Services we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology. In some countries, this information may be considered Personal Information. How much Personal Information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may collect:
- Device Information: your IP address or other device address or ID, approximate geographic location (country or city-level), web browser and/or device type; and
- Usage Information: the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the Services, the pages, features or other content you view or interact with on the Services, the other End Users you engage with, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of the Services.
- Other information: We may collect any other information that you voluntarily provide to us.
- Third parties: We may obtain Personal Information from other legitimate sources, third party data aggregators and publically available sources including mail addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers and social media profiles, for the purposes of targeted advertising of Services that may interest you, delivering personalised communications, and event promotion.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Personal Information that we collect to perform our contractual obligation towards you, including:
- Operations: To operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Services, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users.
- Communication: To contact you for customer service purposes, to address issues related to use of the Services.
We use the Personal Information that we collect so that we may pursue our legitimate business functions and activities (not overridden by your Personal Information protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms). These interests include:
- Improvements: To understand how you are using the Website or Services so that we can improve them and develop new products, services, features and functionality.
- Marketing: To contact in relation to our products or services that we consider may be of interest to you, including to respond to your contact or newsletter subscription requests and any related communication. You can unsubscribe from any communications from us by contacting us as directed in any such communications.
- Cookies and tracking: We use Personal Information to provide customised content and information, monitor and analyse the effectiveness and usage of the Website and Services and undertake marketing activities.
- To protect our interests and rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests, we may use Personal Information in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- Compliance: Compliance with our legal obligations, including any notification and reporting obligations and any access directions imposed on us by a Government agency or regulatory authority.
We may also use Personal Information collected for such other purposes that are compatible with the original purpose described above, or that you otherwise consented to from time to time.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- third parties who provide necessary services to us, including third parties who help us market and sell our products and services - for instance to manage customer relations and send out newsletters;
- any business that supports our Websites and Services, including hosting or maintaining any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to operate the Websites and Services;
- a person who can require us to supply your Personal Information (e.g. a regulatory authority or lay enforcement agency);
- to respond to due diligence requests and/or transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganisation or acquisition of our business; and
- any other person or entity authorised by you.
We are located in New Zealand, so Personal Information may be transferred and/or stored there.
Personal information may be provided to our overseas third party service providers. These third parties do not have the right to use the Personal Information for their own use.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information collected and processed by us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration and misuse. This includes, for example, firewalls, encryption of Personal Information transfers, password protection and other access and authentication controls.
However, the internet is not a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that your Personal Information will be secure at all times. Transmission of Personal Information over the internet is at your own risk and you should only enter or instruct the entering of Personal Information to our Services within a secure environment.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
How long we keep Personal Information depends on the type of information, as described below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymise the Personal Information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- Personal Information associated with an account on our Services will be retained for as long as the account is active. We will retain some Personal Information where necessary to comply with our legal obligations, and allow other users associated with the same account to make full use of the Services.
- If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us we will retain Personal Information about your marketing preferences.
- We retain Personal Information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
COOKIES AND TRACKING
We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use a Website or the Services, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons.
A cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit a Website or the Services. The cookie is stored on your device, but does not identify you or give us any information about your device.
The types of cookies we use may include:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for the full functionality of our Websites or Services. They enable you to navigate around a Website or Services and use its features. Without these cookies, you may not be able to access all the functions of our Websites or Services.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our Websites or Services. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and only used to improve how our Websites or Services.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our Websites or Services to remember the choices you make (for example, your user name, language or your region). Although these cookies are used to enhance the performance of our Websites or Services, they are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is
a persistent or session cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies will stay on your browsing device until they expire or are deleted.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about use of our Websites and Services, with the goal of improving our Websites and Services. Google Analytics collects information such as how often you visit a Website or the Services, what pages or features you visit when you do, and what other sites they used prior to coming to the Website.
Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on a Website for several purposes. For example, we may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to track and measure the performance of a Website, to monitor how many visitors view a Website, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike cookies, which are stored on your hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an email). We use these web beacons to customise content and advertising and to analyse traffic to a Website.
You have the right to access your Personal Information that we hold about you, to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.
If you are based in the European Union (including Switzerland and the United Kingdom) you also have the right, under the GDPR, to:
- in certain circumstances, have your Personal Information erased;
- restrict the processing of your Personal Information;
- move, copy or transfer your Personal Information easily for your own purposes across different services in a safe and secure way; and/or
- object to processing where we rely on our legitimate interests as the lawful basis for processing.
We will respond to any request made in respect of the above in accordance with the applicable data protection laws. Please note that there are some exceptions to your right to gain access to your information, including (but not limited to) where:
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- providing access would be unlawful.
You may also lodge a complaint regarding our Personal Information processing activities as they relate to your Personal Information with your relevant privacy law supervisory authority.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- wish to discuss any privacy issues;
- wish to raise any objections to the way in which we deal with your Personal Information;
- have any concerns regarding your Personal Information; or
- do not wish to receive any future communications from us.